Monday, October 21, 2013

Visualizing Insights through Data

I've always found it easier and more compelling to visualize data vs. reading it in text-form. Maybe it's because I'm more of a visual person, but I truly believe even the simplest data set can be better understood and comprehended if created into a visual. 


To illustrate, I used a report created by Barkley titled, “American Millennials: Deciphering the Enigma Generation”, to source a data set that showcases millennials being early technology adopters and how they are comfortable with owning multiple, complex devices. Although the data is simple with percentages, I find seeing the depth and magnitude of the percentages helps truly understand the penetration of these complex devices within the millennial population. The data set I used was displayed in the report as following:



Source: "American Millennails: Deciphering the Enigma Generation" report
 I flipped this data to create a simple visual that portrays this data:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karika - Very elegant presentation of that data. I like it a lot and it is a perfect example of visualizing data to tell a story. Thank you for doing this one.

    ReplyDelete